The Calumet Region Striders is a 501(c)3 nonprofit chapter of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) founded in 1978. We are committed to supporting our local running community by promoting and encouraging health and physical fitness through recreational running and walking. We are Northwest Indiana’s running club, providing accessible opportunities for all runners and walkers to train, race, learn, be social, and volunteer.
Our members are runners and walkers who are dedicated to the promotion of every aspect of road racing and fun running. We run and walk for health, fitness, camaraderie, and the pure enjoyment of our sport.
We have hundreds of members throughout Northwest Indiana, including Dyer, Valparaiso, Schererville, Merrillville, Gary, Hammond, Highland, St John, and more.
Our members run for a variety of reasons. For some of us, it’s a way of life. We thrive on the training, hard work, and discipline required to chase our running dreams. For some of us, it’s a form of recreation. We enjoy running and participating in road races. No matter why you run, we think you will enjoy being part of this club.
Our members range from those who have just discovered the joys of the roads and trails to experienced runners who have been with the sport for years and have many running accomplishments. You will be welcomed by everyone.
Benefits of being a Strider:
- Weekly group runs in both Lake County & Porter County, Indiana
- Invitations to running & non-running social events, including Brewfest fun runs
- All the latest local running news and updates through INSTEP, our monthly printed newsletter, and Strider News, our e-newsletter
- Fun rewards for logging your miles with our 100 Mile Club
- Awards for participating in our annual Run the Year Challenge
- Awards for participating in our Sponsored Race Series
- Competing in the Gold Cup Series*, our competitive race series with awards for all levels of runners
- Enjoy our season-ending Gold Cup Series banquet and awards ceremony
- The Elite Series, a race series within the Gold Cup Series for our competitive adult runners that rewards speed
- Running programs just for Junior Striders (ages 0 to 18), including cross country and track teams
- Membership in the Road Runners Club of America
- And more…
*The Gold Cup Series is optional and requires separate registration.