Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
February 12, 2004
Location: Omni 41
Present: Mike Wilson, BigHal, Mike Stiles, Sue Brown,
Pat Rhodes, Larry Giannetti, Mary Zemansky, Linda Kovacs, Diane Kellenburger,
Robin Benson-Harvey, Pam Miller, Bill Moylan
Meeting called to order by Sue at 7:25
Not Present: Pete Klaeser, Tom
Navarro, Cassandra Rozycki, Karen Lansdowne, Cecilia Bernal
Motion to approve minutes postponed until next meeting since
the secretary forgot to print out hard copy.
Unapproved minutes are available on the web site.
- Instep Editor: Jen Smith
- Webmaster: Mike Wilson
- Statistician: Pete Klaeser
- Timer: Pat Rhodes
- GC Committee - Responsible for selecting 2004 GC awards and premium,
review/update GC standards and addressing GC issues
two issues to address:
- There are currently 12-15 Clydesdales. Will there be an
official weigh-in? What if one does not meet the weight
requirement? Purchase scale?
- Review current rules on tie-breaking situation. They are
to present solutions to the Board at the March 12th board meeting.
need volunteers for AAU.
awards to be Gold Cups for the anniversary year
reviews all good. New facility
well received. Consider reserving
tables for parties.
to establish goals for the year
Bylaws and add to web site
- Robin and/or Karen L., and Linda K. to get contracts for hall and caterer for 2004 xmas party and banquet and bring
to March Board Meeting.
- Mary Z and Cassandra to review and propose changes and/or updates to current bylaws and constitution by end year.
- Diane K will get price quote for new banner.
report: Cecilia submitted a revenue
and expenditure report for the year showing a positive variance of $493.95 for
2003 after total revenues of $25,060.53
Membership: 511 current count
Web site: Submitted for competition. Working on logos page.
already at 179. GC committee to
review race standards. 12-15
will change to Saturday July 3rd since the 4th is on
to review tie-breaker.
looking for a quilt maker.
Survivor location yet to be determined for Aug 12 scheduled date.
slate was presented with no additional nominations. All elected by voice vote.
race evaluations were assigned for the year
helpers at the GC table
to reprint newsletter shells with new GC logo.
moved to move website hosting from CPE to Trico Graphics, 2nd
by Diane, approved.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm
Next Meeting: Thursday, March 11, 7:00pm at Omni 41
Submitted by bighal