Present: Sue Brown, Jayne Willis, Bill Moylan, BigHal, Larry Giannetti, Karen Lansdowne, Pete Klaeser, Linda Kovacs, Cassandra Rozycki
Other Members present: Chuck Lansdowne, Mary Zemanski,
Approval of minutes: Motion to approve minutes by Bill, second by Mary, approved.
Treasurer’s report: None
VP Report: Cas is looking into travel packages for Strider group trips.
- Reviewed stats and noted that there is a large number of visits to the group run link, which is being routed to the message board so Diane will create a group run page with a link to the message board.
- It was noted that index pages with sponsor logos are seldom accessed.
INSTEP: None, next distribution at Gallery Gallop
Statistician: All up to date. Standings submitted to Diane every week.
JCBS 1 mile race:
- Need 10 volunteers at the finish line. OE to handle timing.
- People to help on input before race.
- Long chute since many will finish at same time.
- Awards have been selected with a 2 year agreement to get better price.
- Custom logo bibs ordered.
- 15 members have completed every race to date.
- Board members need to get race evaluations in available in electronic format.
- Just a little Run had walkers come in and scored as runners and fouled up the scoring.
- Scramble Amble has been cancelled RD transferred out of town
- Chicago Distance Classic (20k) wants in the GC next year.
- Michigan City race also wants to be considered.
- Number of required races is the total number divided by 3 + 1 so we need to watch our total to keep required number at 10.
- 2003 banquet location options presented.
- Motion by Karen to move GC banquet to January 18th 2004 at Ville Ceasar in Schererville. 2nd by Linda. Passed unanimous.
- 2003 premium discussed. Get references from Cary Pentkowski. Also investigate hats.
- Diane moved to form a committee to review web site advertising. A call out for committee help will be posted on the web site. 2nd by Larry, motion passed.
- Strider Survivor Committee re-appointed but there needs to be a new idea to jazz it up.
Other: What else can we do for PR?
Next Meeting: Thursday, June 12th 7:00pm
Minutes submitted by Hal Slager, Secretary