Process for Becoming a Sponsored Series Race
- Consult with the Gold Cup Races Schedule to determine whether your event conflicts with a race in the series.
If so, we are unable to accommodate your request.
- Send an email to the Gold Cup Committee Member (see below) stating your interest in reserving your date and time. That person will contact
you to ensure that there is not another event currently applying that might conflict with your event.
- Once you have obtained clearance from the Gold Cup Committee Member, complete the Sponsored Series Race Application.
- Mail your completed application with a $50 fee payable to: "Calumet Region Striders" to this address:
Calumet Region Striders
c/o Linda Murkve
9 Nathan Drive
Valparaiso, In 46383
You MUST state the name of your event on the check!
- Once your application and fee are received, the Treasurer will notify the webmaster and Gold Cup Committee Member. Your information will be added to
the website listing at that time.
- We require 600 registrations. Of the 600, 100 must be folded in half with writing on the outside. These will be displayed at the Strider
table present at all Gold Cup races. It is not necessary to fold the remaining 500 which will be included in our newsletter.
- Registrations are due the third TUESDAY of the month. Drop off registrations at Extra Mile, 1330 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso, IN or at
Gold Cup Chairman, Barb Hamner's home in Schererville.
Address: 7409 Vale Dr.
Schererville, IN 46375
Please contact Gold Cup Committee Member, Linda Murkve, by e-mail:
Please DO NOT contact the President of the Club or any other Board member with questions.
Thank you for your interest in promoting your event with the Striders!!