Jim Cox, a very active Calumet Region Striders member, was diagnosed with Leukemia in August 1993 and on October 15, 1993 succumbed to the disease at the age of 57 years.
Jim’s family started a fund which CRS designated as a scholarship fund and is given to CRS members or their children when they enroll as college freshmen.
In order to apply, you must meet all of the following requirements:
(1) be graduating from high school during academic application year,
(2) be a member or child of a member of the Calumet Region Striders,
(3) be a student in good standing at the high school you attend,
(4) complete the application in full (including essay), and
(5) provide proof of enrollment in a college/university for fall of application year to the Youth Program Chair.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY APRIL 1st. The committee will review the applications and determine amounts and the Board will approve at the April Board meeting.
If you would like to contribute, please make your check out to: “Calumet Region Striders”
Please put Jim Cox Scholarship Fund in memo area and send to:
PO Box 225
Griffith, IN 46319
Jim Cox Scholarship Recipients
|Joseph Huber||Alek Seeley
|Carl Duncan||Brianna Turek|
|Cara Robinson||Zachary Deery|