Rosie Garcia

Rosie Garcia

Committee Chair
Adult Running Programs

The chair of this committee is responsible to:

1. Implement and supervise Adult Running and Training Programs including but not limited to Beginning Runner, Distance Training, or Speed Training Programs.
  2. Monitor coaching certifications for adult coaches and assistants, also CPR, and First Aid Training for adult programs.

ABOUT ROSIE:

I am a mother to 3 beautiful girls trying to make sure that they are getting the best I can give them. I am a teacher who loves witnessing the moment the students begin to learn how to read printed words. I am a runner whose way of life is running with friends.

I had just finished running my first 5k in 2012 when I realized that I had fallen in love with running. I wanted more. The problem was I knew not one person who liked running. So the only thing left for me to do is help my friends realize that they love running too. I did. I started the Running Peeps with 8 friends. Not only did I get them to start running too, but we made so many new wonderful friends, have encouraged each other to reach bigger goals we never would've even dreamed before and have improved our health. All of this while simultaneously having a great time. I love being there for their first run and seeing them also falling in love with running.

I, with my friends by my side, have trained successfully for 10ks, half marathons, obstacle course races, and have now recently completed not only my first marathon but also my first trail ultra-marathon. I have also done 2 triathlons last year and plan to do 4 more this year. I am also coaching Girls On the Run for the 2nd year in a row. The smiles on the girls' faces when they cross that finish line are the best feelings one can experience.

Last year, 2014, I became a Strider. Becoming a Strider is one of the best things I did. There are so many opportunities to run races, make new friends, and to take on new challenges. I am looking forward to meeting new runners and helping them to train for new distances.

Running with friends always makes training feel less like exercise and more like a party.

Contact Information:

E-Mail: