Dan Koch

Dan Koch

Treasurer
Dyer

ABOUT DAN:

I grew up in the Robertsdale section of Hammond and now live in Dyer. I am a letter carrier, employed with the US Postal Service for the past sixteen years. I am assigned to a route in Dyer, walking on average 8 1/2 to 10 miles each day. I am a member of Hammond Merged Branch 580, which is affiliated with the National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC). I have been serving as the Union Steward for the Schererville Installation since Sept. 11, 2010. I am the Treasurer of Branch 580, currently finishing out my second two-year term. I am our Branch's Food Drive Coordinator for the NALC's national May food drive, Stamp Out Hunger.

I joined the Striders in October of 2014. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. My first 5k was Hometown Happenings' Space Race 5k Run, finishing in 21st place, and second in my age group (40-44). To me, running has become a great outlet to relieve the stresses of work, and to clear clutter from my mind. I do some of my best thinking while I run. In October, I will be running my first Half Marathon in Valparaiso. I look forward and welcome the challenge!

As a lifetime member of IU's Alumni Association, I love all sports Hoosier! In March, I take my own "March Madness" vacation, three weeks of college basketball heaven! My favorite movie of all-time is "Hoosiers". I am also a die-hard Cubs fan.

As the Striders' newest treasurer, I promise to do the job as well as it can be done. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve as your treasurer! I do appreciate it.

Contact Information:

E-Mail: