Dan Koch

Dan Koch

Treasurer
Dyer

The primary responsibilities of the position of Treasurer include:

1. Account for all funds received and disbursed by the Calumet Region Striders in order to provide financial reports to present to our Board of Directors and prepare end of year financial statements to be used for tax purposes in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code for non-for-profit organizations.
  2. Maintain a current member roster using information provided by our members.

ABOUT DAN:

I grew up in the Robertsdale section of Hammond and now live in Dyer. I am a letter carrier, employed with the US Postal Service for the past sixteen years. I am assigned to a route in Dyer, walking on average 8 1/2 to 10 miles each day. I am a member of Hammond Merged Branch 580, which is affiliated with the National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC). I have been serving as the Union Steward for the Schererville Installation since Sept. 11, 2010. I am the Treasurer of Branch 580, currently finishing out my second two-year term. I am our Branch's Food Drive Coordinator for the NALC's national May food drive, Stamp Out Hunger.

I joined the Striders in October of 2014. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. My first 5k was Hometown Happenings' Space Race 5k Run, finishing in 21st place, and second in my age group (40-44). To me, running has become a great outlet to relieve the stresses of work, and to clear clutter from my mind. I do some of my best thinking while I run. In October, I will be running my first Half Marathon in Valparaiso. I look forward and welcome the challenge!

As a lifetime member of IU's Alumni Association, I love all sports Hoosier! In March, I take my own "March Madness" vacation, three weeks of college basketball heaven! My favorite movie of all-time is "Hoosiers". I am also a die-hard Cubs fan.

As the Striders' newest treasurer, I promise to do the job as well as it can be done. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve as your treasurer! I do appreciate it.

Contact Information:

E-Mail: