The Chair of this committee is responsible to:
- Establish the annual Gold Cup Series Schedule and the Gold Cup selection process;
- Select and monitor races as Sponsored Event(s) based on established criteria;
- Maintain communications with race directors;
- Prepare evaluations and surveys of events, and
- Coordinate and preside over annual race directors meeting(s).
I was first elected Gold Cup Chairman in 2014 and have been recently re-elected to a second term which continues thru Jan. 2018.
My running history includes:
- 5 marathons (Fox Cities, Chicago, Boston, New Orleans, and Columbia City)
- 21 half marathons, and more 1 mile thru 10 mile races than I can count.
- I have run most of the Gold Cup races at least 2x.
I am married with 3 daughters and 2 grandsons. Still getting used to the grandma role.
My degree is in Chemistry from Purdue Calumet and I currently work for an Environmental Laboratory, TestAmerica.
I've been with the company 17 years.
Here's a list of my goals/duties as Gold Cup Chairman:
- Work with Race Directors to provide safe and quality events in NWI.
- Personally manage or have a representative at the Strider Table for all Gold Cup races.
- Manage the 100 mile Club
- Oversee the Sponsored Race Series with the help of a Sponsored Race Coordinator. Linda Murkve currently manages the series.
- Encourage runners to complete evaluations at Gold cup races in an effort to provide feedback to Race Directors.
- Answer any questions runners have regarding the Gold Cup Series and how it functions.
- Resolve any Gold Cup scoring issues.
See you at the races!!!