Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
February 21, 2008
Location: Omni Health Club - Schererville, IN
|Robin Benson-Harvey||Vice President|
|Joanne Kagler||Nominations, Bylaws & Disabled Runner Fund|
|Ruth Bonacci||Membership & Volunteers|
|Mary Zemansky||Gold Cup & Sponsored Race Series|
|Linda Kovacs||Social & Sponsorship|
|Sue Brown-Nickerson||Runner Programs & Scholarships|
|Mike Wilson||Webmaster & Statistician|
|Cassandra Langley||INSTEP Editor|
Guests: David Chary
Absent: Cecilia Bernal, Ruth Bonacci
Meeting called to order at 6:44pm by Michele Hale.
Motion to accept slate ballot for nominated board members as new board members. Approved. 1st by Robin Benson-Harvey, 2nd by Linda Kovacs
Newly elected officers: Nicolette Huber (Secretary), Joanne Kagler (Nominations, Bylaws & Disabled Runner Fund), Mary Zemansky (Gold Cup and Sponsored Race Series) and Cecilia Bernal (Treasurer-absent) sworn in.
Motion to approve December minutes: 1st by Robin Benson-Harvey 2nd by Joanne Kagler.
Motion to approve January minutes: Tabled for revision.
President's Report (Michele Hale):
- New Business
- PUC Fitness Fair-application - Michele will find out more information with date to see if we need to find volunteers.
- Put "reminder to renew membership" in next INSTEP instead of mailing out cards.
- Announce election results on website and introduce new board on meet the board.
- Update bios due to webmaster by March 15, 2008.
- CD-determine investment option and amount: tabled due to Cecilia not present.
- Committees should be getting together to get yearly projections in place.
- Will bring Gold Cup 30th year samples to April Board Meeting.
- RRCA Convention Attendees as of now: Michele Hale, Robin Benson-Harvey, Sue Brown-Nickerson, and Linda Kovacs.
- Silent Auction successful: "proceeds to be used towards board member RRCA convention expenses".
- Advises of absence at next board meeting.
- Old Business
- Collect scrap books from Misty and take to storage: Sue Brown will contact.
- Plug in clock to see if it works
- March INSTEP Dates:
- submissions due March 20
- Go to print March 25
- Pick up March 27 or 28
- Mail on March 31
Vice President's Report (Robin Benson-Harvey):
- Banquet went well. Still need to invoice members
- Strider wear raffle going well
- The next 50/50 drawing dates
- Ringing in Spring
- Spring Fling
- Friendship Race
- Fall Frolic
Treasurer's Report (Cecilia Bernal):
- Complete accounts
Secretary's Report (Nicolette Huber):
Gold Cup & Sponsored Race Series (Mary Zemansky):
- Need ratings from Midwinter Cruise (1) and Valentine (2). Sue Brown Nickerson and Robin Benson-Harvey completing them.
- Assign raters for March
- St. Paul Spirit Run: Robin Benson-Harvey and Michele Hale
- Runnin' with the Irish: Mary Zemansky and Nicolette Huber
- LaPorte YMCA Run: Mary Zemansky and Joanne Kagler
- Trail Running series is now posted
- Long Distance series is now posted
- Park Forest 5 miler will remain in Gold Cup Series although course and other amenities have changed. Web posting "coming soon"....
- Update on Sponsored races:
- 5 have been confirmed. Conflict of two being on same day (9/20/08). It was agreed to keep both since one will be toward Lake County and other Porter County
- Website posting of guidelines for Race Directors interested in becoming a Strider sponsored race
Social & Sponsorship (Linda Kovacs):
- Will be looking at different options for location or menu for Gold Cup Banquet
Runner Programs & Scholarships (Sue Brown-Nickerson):
- Beginning Runner Program date/locations to be determined by Runner Program Committee at next board meeting
- Suggest Club to determine goals for 2008; bring ideas to March meeting
- Suggest Club use email mass mailing "to enhance communication to membership" which will reduce amount of phone calls having to be made for volunteers. Sue Brown offers to look into mass emailing system and report at March meeting.
Membership & Volunteers (Ruth Bonacci):
- Report provided by Sue Brown-Nickerson in Ruth Bonacci's absence
- Received many compliments on meet from other coaches and parents
- 750 athletes
- Having volunteers put addresses on envelopes for "thank-you and striders bucks" is a good idea
- Volunteer hours logged: nearly 600 total; approximately 254 Strider bucks spent
- Suggest for next years AAU meet to have 1/2 hour overlap on volunteers
INSTEP Editor's Report (Cassandra Langley):
Webmaster & Statistician's Report (Mike Wilson):
- Has information in reference to the mass emailing system - Someone will have to be in charge of keeping email addresses updated
Next meeting: Thursday March 13 Omni 41, Schererville, IN
Meeting adjourned at 8:12pm by Michele Hale.
Minutes submitted by: Nicolette Huber