Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
November 8, 2007
Location: Real Life Community Church, Portage, IN
|Robin Benson-Harvey||Vice President|
|Frank Johnson||Nominationing, Bylaws & Disabled Runner; INSTEP Editor|
|Ruth Bonacci||Membership & Volunteers|
|Mary Zemansky||Gold Cup & Sponsored Race Series|
|Linda Kovacs||Social & Sponsorship|
|Sue Brown||Runner Programs & Scholarships|
|Mike Wilson||Webmaster & Statistician|
Guests: Donna Summerville-Smith
Absent: Michele Hale, Linda Kovacs, Misty Chandos
Meeting called to order at 6:45 PM by VP Robin Benson-Harvey.
September minutes approved 1st by Cecilia Bernal , 2nd by Frank Johnson with correction of date Should be 9/13/07 (currently reads 8/13/07).
- New Business
- Update on Nominations: Frank will handle, see Nominating Chairman report
- Deadlines : Newsletter 11/19/07
- Jody Ritchie stuffing December Newsletters
- Matching donation : Discussion was agreed not make or match any donation so that we do not open ourselves to other groups
- Jim Cox awards are in (Robin has will bring to Fall frolic)
- $50.00 for Board Meeting/Holiday dinner on 12/13/07 motioned by Sue Brown and 2nd by Frank Johnson
- Old Business
- Scrapbooks are at Misty's. (need to get to Sue or Mike-they need to go to storage)
Vice President's Report:
- Banquet Invitations are received and will now start stuffing.
- trophy shopping is in progress.
- Robin has Jim Cox awards and Cox Plaque to present to Cox Family at the Fall Frolic.
- Gave the old Striderwear from Wanda Melion to Polly Thiesing who will organize and price items for the Fall Frolic.
- Complete accounts
- No report given, not present
INSTEP Editor's Report:
- Submissions due on Saturday the 17th
- Go to print on the 19th
- Pick up on the 21st
Webmaster & Statistician's Report:
- Will add nominations info to web site
Gold Cup & Sponsored Race Series:
- Mary presented the 2008 Gold Cup Schedule which will have 30 races for the 30th running of the GC series
- 2008 GC Race schedule was approved as is motioned by Mary Zemansky and 2nd by Ruth Bonacci
- Mary and Mike will update GC Series Rules that will go on the back of the 2008 schedules for distribution
- Clydesdale/Athena weigh-in must take place during June and July races. Motioned by Robin Benson-Harvey and 2nd by Frank Johnson
- Mary will introduce a Trail Run Series for 2008
- Up to $500.00 Max for RD reception. Motioned by Mary Zemansky and 2nd by Cecilia Bernal
Social & Sponsorship:
- Holiday Party December 7th everything confirmed
- Invitations were mailed out with instep
Runner Programs & Scholarships:
- 23 Jr Striders are going to Nationals
- Coaches received long sleeve shirts
- Sue Brown asked for help with expenses for Nationals, motion to allocate $225.00 for Nationals expenses by Ruth Bonacci and 2nd by Mary Zemansky
- RRCA volunteer awards are now being submitted on behalf of running clubs. CRS will honor Mike Wilson and Cecilia Bernal for their more that 2000 hours of volunteer service.
Membership & Volunteers:
- Ruth wants our membership application to better represent the need of all CRS members to volunteer at our events
- Ruth will work with Mike to update 2008 CRS membership application
Next meeting: Thursday December 13th 6:30PM @ Linda Kovacs' house. Linda will be ready at 6:00 for holiday get-together. Mary Zemansky will not be present at the next meeting as she will be out of town.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM by Robin Benson-Harvey
Minutes submitted by: Robin Benson-Harvey