Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
January 11, 2007
Location: Omni 41, Schererville, IN
|Michele Hale||Vice President|
|Frank Johnson||INSTEP Editor|
|Sue Brown||Past President, Youth Coordinator|
|Mike Wilson||Webmaster & Statistician|
Members at Large:
Excused: Misty Chandos, Bryan Pawola, Mary Zemansky, Ruth Bonacci (Steve arriving late), Bob Hudnall, Dave Myroup
Meeting called to order at 7:05 PM by Cassandra.
Motion to approve the December 2006 minutes with correction (Steve was in attendence but was late). 1st by Robin, 2nd by Polly - Approved.
- New Business
- Committee chairs should submit a spending summary and a proposal for calendar '07 at the Feb meeting for the new board (table for new members to discuss)
- Sue is assisting in RRCA club president selection. Discussion to send Striders to RRCA meeting; tabled for future board members to discuss.
- RRCA representatives/attendees & budgeting $250.00 for entry fee, Friday and Saturday
- Update Scholarship forms & contact person!
- Old Business
- Timing Chip Update: They charge $13.00 per chip with an ankle strap and $11.00 per chip without an ankle strap. We must also cover shipping charges from Australia and any import fees and duties to the US Government (Approx $200). Also should consider number of participants in races in 2006 v/s chips needed. (Cassandra researched pro's and con's... suggested not to pursue any further for 2007.)
- Computer presented to OE
- The new constitution has been accepted by a vote of 33 Accepted As Presented, 2 Reject Proposed.
- Ballots copied and ready to be assembled for mail. Copy reviewed by Board. Will need to keep ballots for 90 days. Motion to approve- first by Ruth, second by Robin.
- Sponsorship to Larry still needs consideration (Rozycki)
- On-line coaching course $25. Need link & info to get signed up. (Frank, Richard)
- Scrap books to library? Pat Rhodes is working on this.
- Defining committees and compiling job descriptions - assemble binder for each - Cass is working on this. Will be ready for 2007 Board Members - IN PROGRESS
- Magnets received
- Dr. Chambo Sim expressed an interest in becoming a sponsor
- Connie Karras still has possession of Sponsorship Folder & all contact information (will make new folder for sponsors and contact information)
Vice President's Report:
- Picnic..(Michele needed deposit to reserve the park) $50.00 deposit
- Dues & Fees..discussion to increase dues tabled for future board - first by Ruth second by Robin..unanimously approved
- Runners Blog discussed.
- Girls on the Run donation
- CD's cashed & deposited to accounts (interest $754.00). Cecilia will email Bryan.
- Complete accounts
INSTEP Editor's Report:
- Print 510 newsletters - submissions due 1/19 printing 1/24, stuffers ? (increase to 530 newsletter)
- Include: Scholarship announcement, AAU announcement, race apps
- Frank Johnson will be trained for this position 2007.
- Entered Strider website in the RRCA website contest.
- 2007 GC schedule on website
- Suggested all board members create an e-mail address on Strider website (calstrider.org).
Gold Cup Series Chair Report:
- 20 LDS awards ordered
- Outstanding application fees for Pumpkin Prance
- BOZ sponsored event, potential for Valpo Mini?
- E-mail reminders to evaluate events
- traveling of GC table
- Motion to send Mike Wilson to CARA awards banquet to represent the Striders. First by Robin, Second by Ruth..unanimously approved.
Gold Cup Banquet Report:
- Banquet January 27, 2007
- RSVP = 127
- Needs? (all trophies were ordered and ready for pick up)
Youth Coordinator's Report:
- Donations/reimbursements for AAU XC national travel expenses
- Suggest revision to Youth GC Schedule to eliminate Cal City Mini & Chicago Marathon
- Have insert for January newsletter for volunteers AAU meet from Joe Mis
- CD @ Peoples Bank. They mature on 12/29/06. Current interest rate is 4.44% but that rate cannot be guaranteed for renewal. I'll watch the papers because I think Horizon has a 5%+ interest rate now ( Pawola will look into this)
RRCA Convention Reminder
I just wanted to send you a reminder of our next meeting date set for Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 3:00 PM at JJ Twig's, 150 South Northwest Highway, Palatine, IL - RRCA Convention
Next meeting: Thursday February 8 OMNI 41. All members invited to vote.
Meeting adjourned at 9:35 PM by Cassandra
Minutes submitted by: Misty Chandos