Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
December 14, 2006
Location: Cassandra's, Chesterton, IN
|Michele Hale||Vice President|
|Sue Brown||Past President, Youth Coordinator|
Members at Large:
Guests: Todd Henderlong, Bob Hooper, Milagro Dominguez
Excused: Cecilia Bernal
Meeting called to order at 7:33 PM by Cassandra.
Motion to approve the November 2006 minutes - First by Bryan Pawola, Second by Ruth Bonacci with changes - Approved.
- New Business
- Discuss timing - Investment of timing chips for Calumet Strider members, discussion of pros and cons
- Pawola to represent CRS for Scenic 10 support as schedule permits
- Gift to OE for printing newsletters this year - motion to approve new computer, first by Bryan Pawola, second by Robin Benson-Harvey - Approved
- Old Business
- Bylaws drafted - will be mailed to board members
- Sponsorship to Larry or a donation to his choice of a charity or an organization in his name? Is attending Banquet with Laura.
- On-line coaching course $25. Need link & info to get signed up. (Frank, Richard)
- Scrap books to library? Pat Rhodes is working on this.
- Draft of Constitution - vote in progress
- PO Box obtained in Chesterton for voting by Mike Wilson (reimburse)
- Defining committees and compiling job descriptions - assemble binder for each - Cass is working on this. Will be ready for 2007 Board Members - IN PROGRESS
- Still accepting nominations Dec. 31, 2006 is deadline
- Ballots will be mailed to households on watermark paper to be mailed to P.O. Box to be counted. Deadline for mailed in votes will be Feb. 1, or will be able to turn in votes at Feb. board meeting.
- Vote to accept constitution if majority of membership voting approves. Effective date, if approved, would be January 15, 2007. - motion by Ruth, second by Michele - Approved
Vice President's Report: (Please note that Michele did submit agenda items last month that I forgot to input! Cassandra)
- GC Table - raffle raised $142.00
- 50/50 dates - Valentine 5K,Friendship 5K and Fall Frolic for 2007
- RRCA Convention update - Tabled
- RD Awards- Discussion of best race application awards for RD's- Approved for reimbursement for presentation at GC Banquet.
- Girls on the Run donation - Tabled
- Complete accounts
INSTEP Editor's Report: (Training Frank Johnson)
- Print 500 newsletters - submissions due 12/17 printing 12/27, stuffers ?
- Include: aau vol app, valentine, st paul, ballots, ?
- Connie Karras has resigned from Instep Editor position
- Frank Johnson will be trained for this position 2007.
- Entered Strider website in the RRCA website contest.
- 2007 GC schdeule on website
Gold Cup Series Chair
- LDS App for '06 - Mary needs all LDS apps asap.
- Proposed changes to LDS for '07
- Suggestions on additional awards
- Raters for Midwinter and Valentine
- Michele will mentor Just a Little Run and Campagna
- Proposed new age divisions 70-74, 75-79, 80+ Motion to approve by Chandos, second by Pawola
Gold Cup Committee:
- Banquet January 27, 2007
- Invitations were mailed
- Need check for Trophies
Youth Coordinator's Report:
- Donations/reimbursements for AAU XC national travel expenses
- Suggest revision to Youth GC Schedule to eliminate Cal City Mini & Chicago Marathon
- Have insert for January newsletter for volunteers AAU meet from Joe Mis
- CD @ Peoples Bank. They mature on 12/29/06. Current interest rate is 4.44% but that rate cannot be guaranteed for renewal. I'll watch the papers because I think Horizon has a 5%+ interest rate now ( Pawola will look into this)
Holiday Party (Friday December 1):
Next meeting: Thursday January 11 OMNI 41 - Please reserve room
Meeting adjourned at 9:35 PM by Cassandra
Minutes submitted by: Misty Chandos