Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
November 9, 2006
Location: Omni 41, Schererville, IN
|Michele Hale||Vice President|
|Sue Brown||Past President, Youth Coordinator|
Members at Large:
Excused: Connie Karras, Lawrence Giannetti
Meeting called to order at 7:08 PM by Cassandra.
Motion to approve the October 2006 minutes by Polly Theising, second by Linda Kovacs -Approved.
- New Business
- Ordered Jim Cox awards
- Draft of Constitution - review, distribute in December, vote in January - changes were made by board as needed. Motion to approve changes to constitution by Michele Hale, second by Mary Zemansky. Approved
- Voting / PO Box for ballots
- Defining committees and compiling job descriptions - assemble binder for each - Cass is working on this. Will be ready for 2007 Board Members.
- Now accepting nominations for the nine board members for 2007. Dec. 31, 2006 is deadline to have nominations in. Ballots will be mailed to households on watermark paper and will be send to new P.O. Box to be counted. We will assign a non-biased party to count votes. ( Mike Wilson) Deadline for mailed in votes will be Feb. 1, or will be able to turn in votes at Feb. board meeting.
- Old Business
- Bylaws being drafted by Larry Evans -may vote on striders donating sponsorship to Larry or a donation to his choice of a charity or an organization in his name. Larry Evans has donated his time to the striders for the revamping of the bylaws and constitution.
- DAG timing system - no update, continue to investigate. Striders are considering opening a bid to an organization for partnership for timing races.
- On-line coaching course $25. Allow 2 to take as test - select 2! (Frank, Richard)
- Scrap books to library? Pat Rhodes is working on this.
Vice President's Report:
- RD meeting at Joe's Crabshack. Menu Approved. Mary and Michele will pre-order menu.
- Fall Frolic will be the last race for the 50/50 raffle.
- Question on follow up for the RRCA convention. Embassy Suites has monthly meetings. Striders would like to attend and possibly host a fun run or hold a seminar at the RRCA convention and have Larry Evans speak on bylaws and constitution. Sue will look into this.
- Complete accounts
- Will have samples of striderwear and GC premiums at Fall Frolic
- ASEP coaching class - Misty has completed and passed the ASEP coaching class and exams. Misty is now a Certified Coach for the Calumet Striders.
- BRP Plans and thoughts for 2007 (May wait to discuss with BRP committee once it is established)
- Gold Cup Premiums will be at Fall Frolic
INSTEP Editor's Report:
- Print 500 newsletters, membership apps need to be included
- Revised schedule & implemented to calendar
- Revised member application
- Entered Strider website in the RRCA website contest.
- Nominating Committee- Mike will collect votes and Cass will follow up with nominated members.
- 2007 GC schdeule on website in progress
Gold Cup Series Chair
- Distribution of '07 schedule Sunday and posting on website
- Sleighbell now a Sponsored Series race 2006, 2007
- Race Director meeting 11/29 at 5:30 for appetizers and 6:30 for content -working on speaker $15 non board members and non race directors
- Suggested changes to Long Distance Series-open this to other races?
- Updated membership application
- Use of magnet displaying schedule- Cass will work on getting these for 2007
- Races needing mentors? Just a Little Run, Zoo Race, Panther Pounce . Sue will mentor Panther Pounce and Cal City Mini. Michele will mentor the Campagna Race.
- Jim Cox Award being considered for Jr. Striders, need to think about and set guidelines.
Gold Cup Committee:
- Banquet planning underway - save the date = January 27, 2007
- Invitations? 500 invites needed, will be mailed out the 1st week of December
- Trophy samples? Voted on.
- Quilt Raffle forms are to be in the GC invitation.
Youth Coordinator's Report:
- AAU Report- 22 kids are going to Nationals
- Motion to approvove coaching expenses for the AAU Cross Country Nationals for Sue and Steve. Motioned by Ruth, second by Robin. Approved. $100.00 to Sue and to Steve for their expenses while at nationals.
Holiday Party (Friday December 1):
- Holiday Party is in the planning.
- Linda Kovacs lost a gym bag at the Chicago Marathon waterstop.
- Waterstop parking receipts need to be sent in to the Chgo Marathon office for re-imbursement to volunteers. Pat Rhodes will look into where this info needs to go. Ideas were brought up for next years waterstop, some examples..dress up like animals, have a theme, make it more fun for the runners. Will consider for next year.
- Thanks to Mc Donalds and Family Express for donations to waterstop. Club will purchase a thermos for next year.
Next meeting: Thursday December 14 OMNI 41 - Please reserve room or alt. location?
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 PM by Cassandra
Minutes submitted by: Misty Chandos