CRS Logo Board Information
About the Board     Minutes   Constitution   Bylaws  

CRS Monthly Board Minutes

Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
October 12, 2006

Location: Gelsosomo's Chesterton, IN

In Attendance:

Cassandra RozyckiPresident
Michele HaleVice President
Misty ChandosSecretary
Cecilia Bernal (Milagro)Treasurer
Sue BrownPast President, Youth Coordinator

Members at Large:

Porter County Lake County LaPorte County Illinois
Ruth Bonacci
Lawrence Giannetti
Steve Kearney
Polly Theising
Linda Kovacs
Pat Rhodes
Lee Alvarez
Mary Zemansky
 

Guests:

Excused: Robin Benson-Harvey , Bob Hudnall, Dave Myroup, Bryan Pawola, Mike Wilson

Meeting called to order at 7:35 PM by Cassandra.

Motion to approve the September 2006 minutes by Lee Alvarez, second Mary Zemansky -Approved.

President's Report:

  • New Business
    • Meeting with Larry Evans - revamp constitution, bylaws, board, and voting
    • DAG timing system-looking into a more efficient and economical way to calculate times at races, striders will possibley supply race bibs to RD's and we would take care of timing if this new system is used. Look for DAG in 2008 GC races.
    • Survey Results presented at GC Race Committee meeting today
    • JR strider scoring in a few races - points allocation If there is a Jr. Strider event at a race, it needs to be on the race app that they will need to run that event for points.
    • Job Descriptions received from: Rozycki, Chandos, Bernal, Brown, Wilson
    • Agenda items received from: Rozycki, Karras, Chandos
    • On-line coaching course $25. Allow 2 to take as test?

      Motion for coaching expenses for Chandos to attend certification class on Oct 29, first by Michele Hale, second by Ruth Bonacci- Approved
  • Old Business
    • RRCA Nominations are open. Please visit the RRCA website for nominations. Deadline is Nov. 1, 2006 - no submissions presented
    • Coaching certification applicants - 2 received (Chandos, Johnson) Misty selected for in class course
    • Scrap books to library? Pat Rhodes is working on this.

Vice President's Report:

  • Will not be able to stuff newsletters this month, need volunteers. Sue will ask if the Brownie troops will be able to stuff this month. Need to be picked up on Thursday Oct. 26th, mailed on Monday Oct. 30th.

Treasurer's Report:

  • Complete accounts
    Total Members:551
    Total Households:465
    Funds
    General:Information
    available
    by
    request.
    Jim Cox:
    Stevens-Hamilton:

Secretary's Report:

  • Brooks Striderwear - Samples have been ordered from St. John Sports. ( 1 small and 1 large of each item). I hope to have them for the Fall Frolic Race. Orders are due by November 14, 2006. Following order will go in February 2007? Suggestions for other item to be carried..hats, fleece headbands, socks?
  • Applied for the Coaching Class. Would like to attend the Oct 29th class. Approved.
  • Gold Cup Premiums will be at the Omni Pumpkin Prance and Fall Frolic. ( GC table)
  • Remaining Beginner Runner shirts have been mailed out.

INSTEP Editor's Report:

  • Need membership renewal reminder put in November/December INSTEP
  • INSTEP online only? NO. Will contine to mail the newsletter to members.
  • November submission deadline (Sunday), midnight Oct. 22nd.
  • Stuffers for November Reminder
  • 480 newsletters will be printed this month
  • Returning Sponsorship file/responsibilities will be handed over to the new committee.
  • I will place in Nov.'s issue a request for feedback from the Strider membership regarding what cycling safety issues they want to see addressed so that we can advise Mitch Barloga of the NIRPC
  • Food for water stop - donations & handling
  • All volunteers should save parking receipt from Chicago Marathon, the striders will reimburse volunteers.

Webmaster's Report:

  • Absent

Gold Cup Series Chair

  • RD meeting in late November Wed. 29th at Joe's Crab Shack 5:30pm appetizers, 6:30 meeting. All board member should attend.
  • Proposed GC Schedule - Motion to approve GC Schedule for 2007 by Chandos, second by Hale.
  • Concerns addressed with date for LaPorte 10k, conflict with the Shamrock Shuffle. Mary will speak with RD.

Gold Cup Committee:

  • Banquet planning underway - save the date = January 27, 2007
  • Invitations?
  • Trophy samples?

Youth Coordinator's Report:

  • AAU Cross Country underway, 18 new Jr. Striders, we are expecting 50 participants at the meet.
  • Coaches app addressed above
  • Cassandra will make signs to post at indoor AAU to identify check in area and age of those being registered and for which event - still needs list of events & age groups

Holiday Party (Friday December 1):

  • Invite speaker?
  • Linda is getting towels embroidered at St. John Sports for Holiday Party.

Next meeting: Thursday November 9 OMNI 41 - Please reserve room or alt. location?

Meeting adjourned at 9:25 PM by Cassandra

Minutes submitted by: Misty Chandos

Valid XHTML 1.0 TransitionalCalumet Region Striders, PO Box 225, Griffith, IN 46319Valid CSS
Copyright ©1999-2006 Calumet Region Striders. All rights reserved. Version: 6.09.19.01