Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
September 14, 2006
Location: Omni 41, Schererville, IN
|Michele Hale||Vice President|
|Connie Karras||INSTEP Editor|
|Sue Brown||Past President, Youth Coordinator|
Members at Large:
Guests: Brian Norrick, Mike Jones
Meeting called to order at 7:03 PM by Cassandra.
Motion to approve the July 2006 minutes by August 2006 minutes by Ruth Bonacci, 2nd by Bryan Pawola
- New Business
- Last year we had a free parking to the incorrect parking lot so we had to pay $12.- It is not the Lincoln Park lot. It has another name. Please ask someone to check so that the volunteers don't have to pay for our parking. ( Pat Rhodes will get the info to Mike and Connie for the website and the newsletter) We also need volunteers for the water stop, age 13 or older.
- NIRPC coalition for running and biking paths discussed
- RRCA Nominations are open. Please visit the RRCA website for nominations. Deadline is Dec. 1, 2006.
- Phillip Crone's book. If purchased you receive a coupon for a new pair of Thilos running socks.
- Someone attend open house at IUN 9/20? Wednesday 10am-1pm. Pat Rhodes will try to attend.
- Sue Brown has looked into certification for the BRP and AAU coaches. Will put info on website.
- Old Business
- RRCA RUN@WORK program 9/22/06 REMINDER
- Scrap books to library? Pat Rhodes is working on this.
- Banner ready at Graphic 22 in Chesterton, paid for and can be picked up when ready
- Looked into resources (IU Northwest program)
- Position functions and responsibilities
- Guidelines for funds
- Our organization would be a class project, Ruth has had contact with professors at IU. We have been offered a spot in the Spring 2007, we will pursue this option.
- GC survey information : www.surveymonkey.com - link will be provided for newsletter and web site
- Participants at Nationals letters sent out.
- Seeking sponsorship (food items) for marathon water stop ( Cass contacted: Bakker's-rejected; Panera- donations for bagels; Family Express-will contact). Robin Benson-Harvey will contact McDonalds to see if they will donate Coffee and Hot Chocolate. Connie will try to pick up the bagels at Panera Bread the day before the marathon and get them to the water stop.
Vice President's Report:
- Strider Survivor Picnic
- Total attendance was 91
- Total Cost for picnic was $143.91
- Have been in contact with race directors of possible GC races 2007, Michele has requested that we get comp race entrees for the striders who evaluate the race, possibly striders who work the table.
- Hall of Fame in the works
- Michele has a new position at Dicks Sporting Goods as a running specialist
- Complete accounts
- Striderwear - New order form on website. Order due date has been changed from Oct 14. to Nov. 14
- Beginner Runners - Race singlets will be mailed to BRP participants that did not pick up their shirts.
- GC Premiums distributing at GC table- will be at The Pumpkin Prance 5k
INSTEP Editor's Report:
- October submission deadline - September 17th (Sunday), midnight- submissions are due
- Stuffers for September - sign up sheet for stuffers passed around ( Ruth's students could stuff newsletters or possible youth program at church)
- 475 newsletters will be printed this month
- Sponsorship update -
- RRCA crawler on website
- Assistance provided to Rich Garza to calulte results of Andrean 24 Hour Relay
- Striderwear order form
- Will there be a change to the fee structure for next year? If so, now is the time.
- Mike's 3rd anniversay as Webmaster! ( Great job Mike)
Gold Cup Series Chair
- RD meeting in late November Wed. 29th at Joe's Crab Shack 5:30pm appetizers, 6:30 meeting.
- 39 applications were sent out for 2007
- Need two raters for Cal City ( Ruth, Michele) , at least one for Pumpkin Prance (Bob Hudnall) and one for Fall Frolic ( Misty and Cass)
- Revising selection criteria for GS Series (draft distributed at meeting)
- Panther Pounce app issue resolved
- Recap of GCC meeting held before board meeting
Gold Cup Committee:
- Banquet planning underway - save the date = January 27, 2007
- Proofing invites - Cass sent revisions
- Will provide trophy samples - still in process
- We will still mail separate invites for the Banquet
Youth Coordinator's Report:
- Future plans for training requirements for BRP and AAU coaches/leaders communicated via email
- Cassandra will make signs to post at indoor AAU to identify check in area and age of those being registered and for which event
Holiday Party (Friday December 1):
- No ornament exchange- will do a socks, gloves, and hat exchange with price range $10-$12.
- Center Pieces- Towels ( shaped like runners) will get them embroidered at St. John Sports.
- Budget- Food still same price as last year
- DJ- Booked
- Dave and Fran Myroup are in charge of games for the kids.
Next meeting: Thursday October 12 meeting at HRS, Valparaiso (November 9 meeting at Omni 41).
Meeting adjourned at 9:08 PM by Cassandra
Minutes submitted by: Misty Chandos