Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
August 10, 2006
Location: Cassandra's - Chesterton, IN
|Michele Hale||Vice President|
|Connie Karras||INSTEP Editor|
Members at Large:
Guests: Richard Garza (Co Director of Andrean High School N.W. Indiana Crusaders 24-Hour Relay)
Excused: Misty Chandos, Larry Giannetti, Bob Hudnall, Linda Kovacs, Dave Myroup, Bryan Pawola
Meeting called to order at 7:30 PM by Cassandra.
Motion to approve the July 2006 minutes by Benson-Harvey and 2nd by Zemansky - Approved.
- New Business
- Volunteer opportunity at Culver 2007 - $20 per person to organization
- Motion to donate Faso painting auction proceeds evenly to Nisource Friends of Jennie Hamilton Fund and American Heart Association - Zemansky, 2nd Bernal, APPROVED
- Motion to Amend Bob Stevens Fund name to read as Stevens-Hamilton Disabled Runner Fund - Zemansky, 2nd Bernal, APPROVED
- Cassandra will complete a write-up for web and newsletter making above announcement
- Girls On The Run (GOTR) discussed
- NIRPC coalition for running and biking paths discussed
- Dan Isaacson running across US announced - conflicts with Gold Cup race and picnic
- RRCA RUN@WORK program 9/22/06 will be promoted in INSTEP
- Old Business
- Ordered banner from Graphic 22 in Chesterton, paid for and can be picked up when ready (?)
- Looked into resources (IU Northwest program) to revamp needed for function of Striders - hire someone? With the Club growing there is a need for written protection concerning: (follow-up by Bonacci and Rozycki)
- Position functions and responsibilities
- Guidelines for funds
- Need to create GC survey on line (Rozycki - www.surveymonkey.com)
- Participants at Nationals? Award of $100.00 will be issued after their participation and recipient remits proof of participation. (Brown or Rozycki?)
- Addition of Volunteer Coordinator position? Ruth B. accepted position
- GC application packets will be assembled and mailed this month (Zemanzky)
- Coordinator for out of town races? Ruth B. accepted position.
Vice President's Report:
- Strider Survivor - about 50 RSVPs to date - purchased pencils and reusing ribbons - water stop for Griffith race in park will be manned by Striders
- GC Table reminders
- Please purge old race apps, and let us know if we need more apps for future races if you are working the Gold Cup Table. Please return the Gold Cup table as you received it. Responsibilities of working GC Table include: Greeting people at table, answering questions about the Calumet Region Striders and passing out surveys. We will start a question board at the table. Please write down any questions that people ask so that we have uniform answers. Question board will stay with table.
- Clydesdale and Athena division weigh-in's
- Complete accounts
- Striderwear - emailed photos to web, new order form available on web, place another order (like ideas of gloves, fleece ear bands, pants)
- Beginner Runners - still meeting on Tu & Th on bike path - Cecilia Wagner group coordinator
- GC Premiums - Deposit check sent
INSTEP Editor's Report:
- August submission deadline -20th (Sunday) mailed on 25th (Friday)
- September submission deadline - 17th (Sunday)
- Inserts needing collection - Cal City, Tower
- Stuffers for August - Ruth & Connie (more?)
- 465 newsletters will be printed this month
- Sponsorship update - sneakerprints in 2007, sports prof institute for 2007?
- CARA Green Team 2nd place
- Reimburse Mike for $50 entry fee into CARA series - about 20 striders participating and promoting club at chicagoland events.
- Continue to post many other event results for our runners
Gold Cup Series Chair
- Finalizing coverage at race table through November - assigned and will post and remind via email
- Reminder emails for table coverage and race evals
- RD meeting in late November
- Revising selection criteria for GS Series (draft distributed at meeting)
- Need volunteer to evaluate Campagna Run (or whatever it is called now).
- Bandit runners at Friendship - High School?
Gold Cup Committee:
- Premiums for 2006-Navy Hand towels screened Strider logo from St. John Sports
- Banquet planning underway - save the date = January 27, 2007
- Proofing invites - same layout as last year
- Will provide trophy samples next month
- Look into Rail Cats game for Striders after Hometown Run in 2007 as group event
Youth Coordinator's Report:
- Future plans for training requirements for BRP and AAU coaches/leaders communicated via email
Next meeting: Thursday September 14 at 7:00 PM - Omni 41 (October 12 meeting at HRS).
Meeting adjourned at 9:20 PM by Cassandra
Minutes submitted by: Cassandra Rozycki (will need revisions?)