Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
July 13, 2006
Location: Omni 41 - Schererville, IN.
|Connie Karras||INSTEP Editor|
Members at Large:
Guests: Richard Garza (Co Director of Andrean High School N.W. Indiana Crusaders 24-Hour Relay)
Excused: Michele Hale, Sue Brown, Mike Wilson, Mary Zemansky
Meeting called to order at 7:09 PM by Cassandra.
Correction with minutes - Cassandra will look into additional pricing with purchasing towels, not purchase them. Motion to approve the June 2006 minutes with changes by Robin and 2nd by Bob Hudnall - Approved.
- New Business
- Revamp needed for function of Striders - hire someone? With the Club growing there is a need for written protection concerning:
- Position functions and responsibilities
- Guidelines for funds
- Will be discussed further at next meeting, Ruth B. and Bob H. will work on locating a resource for rewriting the clubs bylaws. Board members will vote on this issue next month.
- Volunteer Strider Bucks distribution - letter and bucks will be mailed. Thank you to all that helped at the AAU track meets, approx. 1800 hours were volunteered by the Strider members and coaches.
- Joe Mis gave the Calumet Striders $2000.00 for helping with AAU. Motion passed to award AAU Qualifiers a $100.00 award to help cover the registration fee and expenses. Award of $100.00 will be issued after their participation and recipient remits proof of participation. Motioned by Robin 2nd by Linda K.- Approved.
- Addition of Volunteer Coordinator position? Ruth B. will consider this position.
- GC application packets will be assembled and mailed this month - send to? If any member would like a race to be considered for a Gold Cup Race, please let us know by next month.
- Coordinator needed for out of town races representing the Striders to help keep members in touch.
Vice President's Report:
- Strider Survivor - RSVPs to date.
- GC Table reminders
- Please purge old race apps, and let us know if we need more apps for future races if you are working the Gold Cup Table. Please return the Gold Cup table as you received it. Responsibilities of working GC Table include: Greeting people at table, answering questions about the Calumet Striders and passing out surveys. We will start a question board at the table. Please write down any questions that people ask so that we have uniform answers. Question board will stay with table.
- Clydesdale and Athena divisions must weigh in at one of the four races: Buckley, Run For Shelter, Friendship or Rotary Ramble or they will not be able to compete in those divisions. (Connie will put info in Instep to inform members) (Cecilia will make a list of the members that compete in those divisions and it will be brought to races.)
- Complete accounts
- Striderwear- Brooks striderwear will be delivered at the Run for Shelter, Friendship and Rotary Ramble races.
- Beginner Runners will have new Brooks Striderwear singlet on at the Friendship race. Please cheer them on.
- BRP update- Beginners are prepared for the Friendship 5k. Post race party for coaches and beginner runners will be at Sanfrantello's in Highland at 8pm. Cost is $12.00 per person.
- GC Premiums - Samples brought by Misty from St. John Sports. Navy hand towel will be screened with the Strider logo and 2006 Gold Cup Series. Motion to approve towels as GC premiums by Bryan P. 2nd by Linda K. - Approved. Misty will order 250 hand towels for GC premiums.
INSTEP Editor's Report:
- July submission deadline- 5pm on 17th mailed on 21st
- August submission deadline-21st (Monday) mailed on 25th (Friday)
- Inserts needing collection
- Stuffers for July
- 460 newsletter will be printed this month
- The Joliet Sundowner 5k is a well organized event with burgers, hot dogs and beer after the race!
Gold Cup Series Chair
- GC evaluations - please turn in your GC evaluations
Gold Cup Committee:
- Premiums for 2006-Navy Hand towels screened Strider logo from St. John Sports
Youth Coordinator's Report:
- AAU update - received $2,000 from Hammond Track Club
- Volunteer recognition
- Nationals (Jordan Chester, Lindsey Kunz, Emma Weissbeck), reimburse entry and part of travel? (see above motion)
- Order banner for JR Program (include NW Indiana on it)? Motion to purchase banner for $100.00 by Dave Myroup 2nd by Ruth Bonacci
- Future plans
Next meeting: Thursday August 10 at 7:00 PM - Cassandra's house.
Meeting adjourned at 9:06 PM by Cassandra
Minutes submitted by: Misty Chandos