Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
May 11, 2006
Location: Human Race Sports - Valparaiso, IN
|Michele Hale||Vice President|
|Connie Karras||INSTEP Editor|
|Sue Brown||Past President|
Members at Large:
Excused: Cassandra Rozycki, Dave Myroup, Robin Benson-Harvey
Meeting called to order 7:06 PM by Michele Hale.
Motion to approve the April 2006 minutes by Chandos and 2nd by Hudnall - Approved.
- June edition will be mailed once ready (5/13?) Cassandra can take to post office if they are done
- Larry Giannetti will start a Tri Column for Newsletter
- All newsletter submissions for the July Instep are due by June 19th
- Deadline date for newsletter submission will be due the last Monday or around the 20th of the month for the following month
- Website will be updated with Newsletter submission deadlines on homepage
- Stuffers for newsletter? Connie Karras will take all responsibility for stuffing newsletters each month
- Old Business
- Bob Stevens Fund Runner Assistance - committee-Tabled
- Sponsorship information - update
- Strider Wear Orders due by June 1. Chandos will handle ordering of Striderwear and Beginner Runner attire. (update?)
- Lake County Beginner Runner program in place. Information and Sign up meeting at Omni (update). Misty Chandos is Program Leader.
- Motion to purchase BRP coaches shirts (up to 20) for volunteer coaches(Brooks new striderwear singlets) by Kearney, 2nd by Bonacci-Approved. Chandos will order coaches shirts for volunteer coaching staff.
- Linda Kovacs is St. John head coach for St. John group of Beginner Runners from Lake County BRP program
- Volunteer update to help out at the AAU Outdoor Track Meets in June and July. Dates are on website.
- Sue Brown needs Junior Strider membership updates from Cecilia
- Sue Brown purchased some track/field supplies for Jr's and we are paying $40 for use of track.
- Bylaw updates-Tabled
- Convention bid RRCA? Alpine Valley Runners has RRCA bid for convention. Striders are encouraged to attend convention and/or be involved. Michele will bring more info to next meeting on how Striders can participate. (possible hosting of a fun run?)
- New Business
- Spring Fling will be remeasured to assure accuracy of course
- PFRPC - donate $50 or $100 for them to fix grill so they can continue to make pancakes as their club fundraiser? Motion to donate $100.00 to PFRPC by Kearney, 2nd by Kovacs-Approved
- Nike Run Hit volunteers-open to Striders-money that is earned will be used for RRCA convention (bus fees for fun run?) Maybe Junior Striders could volunteer for funds for Junior Strider Programs.
- Next year at the Indi Mini striders need to communicate with OE more to have better unity in Indi. Not many runners utilized the OE tent for a meeting place.
Vice President's Report:
- Strider Picnic- Form will be in July newsletter. Price will be $3.00 per member to attend picnic.
- DJ should be cancelled.
- Schedule of GC table to be worked will be reviewed at each board meeting to remind members of their obligation.
- Complete accounts
- Announcement: Pete Klaeser Gold Cup streak ends at 110.
- Memorial Day Veterans Photo Album.
- Multiple Announcements: Indy Mini, Main Course Team, etc.
- Long Distance Series Info added to website
- CARA Club Circuit Team - 18 members
- Link to OERunners.org added under Race Info
- Sponsored Races Update: Just a Little Run, KISS & Run, Fitness Barn, Valpo Tri
- Beginner Runner/Junior Strider Info updated
- Photo Galleries updated - Martin Graupner/Liepzig Marathon; Quilts for Runners
- Sign-In sheets will be mailed to Mike when he is not in attendance at GC race.
- Continuing to investigate Online Registration service for Strider membership and activities.
Gold Cup Committee:
- Banquet date January 27 - need check for deposit
- GC premiums - present and vote (samples will be at next meeting)
- Evaluation updates? Mail to Mary
- New sponsored events
- Who can rate Kiss & Run
- LDS: Update -Info is now on website
Next meeting: Thursday June 8 at Omni 7:00 PM. (reserve room for next month or two)
Meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM by Michele Hale
Minutes submitted by: Misty Chandos