Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
March 9, 2006
Location: Omni 41 - Schererville, IN
|Michele Hale||Vice President|
|Connie Karras||INSTEP Editor|
|Sue Brown||Past President|
Members at Large:
Excused: Mike Wilson
Meeting called to order 7:11 PM by Cassandra.
Motion to approve the February 2006 minutes by Michele and 2nd by Pawola - Approved.
- Connie Karras is new Instep Editor.
- All newsletter submissions for the April Instep are due by April 7.
- Newsletters will be mailed April 22.
- Welcome to new Board Members.
- Old Business
- Race evaluations need to be handed out after races to as many runners as possible.
- Assistance at PUC Fair? Pat Rhodes, Larry and possibly Tom will help out at fair.
- Stuffers for this newsletter and next news letter needed.
- Bob Stevens Fund Runner Assistance-Tabled
- New Business
- Jim Cox Scholarship awarded to Rebeca Dominguez. Motion to approve amount awarded by Michele and 2nd by Pawola.
- Call out discussed for volunteers to help at Valpo mini water stop.
- Karen Lansdowne stepping back from Striders, Michele will now handle sponorship.
- Ship Shapes $500.00 sponsorship.
- Strider Wear Order Form- Chandos made order form for new Brooks striderwear, which will be sent to members to order. Orders due by May 6. Chandos will handle ordering of Striderwear and Beginner Runner attire.
- Lake County Beginner Runner program in place. Information and Sign up meeting is April 18 at Omni, 6:30pm. Misty Chandos is Program Leader. Training schedule is on website . Need Friendship race apps. asap to hand out to beginners at meeting. All coaches are to attend meeting, if possible. Fliers will be mailed out to members and available at races.
- Now looking for volunteers to help out at the AAU Outdoor Track Meets in June and July. Dates are on website.
- Sue Brown requested that Jr. Striders age division be changed for Gold Cup Standings, also discussed the change for next year Gold Cup races. Will be looked into by Cassandra to make sure no Junior Striders loose points in GC Series if change were to occur. Motion to approve by Michele and 2nd by Pawola.
Vice President's Report:
- Requested we assign and keep list of members that will be evaluating what races and working Calumet Strider table at races. Assignment done, Mary has list.
- Michele working on Sponsorship from Fuel Belt and 5 hour energy. Will have items to raffle off and samples at races.
- Dan Govert (Hometown Race Director) wants to know if we want to have a 1 mile race in Griffith.
- Hall of Fame Committee.
- Strider Picnic- Clown and Face painting will be at picnic for kids along with balloons. No D.J. this year. Possibility of Park Forest Running Club coming out and making pancakes?
- Complete accounts for 1-1-06 through 3-9-06 submitted.
- Total Members: 372 (decrease due to membership not renewed yet)
- Need updated Bios for all Board Members.
Gold Cup Committee:
- Bill members who did not show up for Banquet that said they would attend.
- Sponsor plaques distributed by Cass last week.
- GC premiums-ideas and pricing due by next meeting.
- Evaluators assigned to races
- Sickle Cell Race would like someone to "review" their event; they are very interested in applying for the GC next year and would change race date, so if anyone is not running the Munster Rotary maybe they could go?
- Friendship Race date changed to Aug. 2.
- Distance for Trail Run Extreme to 12k.
Next meeting: Thursday April 13 at The Omni at 7:00 PM.
Meeting adjourned at 9:20 PM
Minutes submitted by: Misty Chandos