Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
February 9, 2006
Location: Omni 41 - Schererville, IN
|Michele Hale||Vice President|
|Connie Karras||INSTEP Editor|
|Robin Benson-Harvey||Gold Cup Committee|
|Sue Brown||Past President|
|Pat Rhodes||Past President|
|Bob Hooper||Life Member|
Members at Large:
Guests: Ruth Bonacci, Brian Norrick, Dave Myroup, Jim Raymond, Frank Johnson, Steve Kearney, Jayne Willis
Meeting called to order 7:07 PM by Cassandra.
Motion to approve the January 2006 minutes by Pawola and 2nd by Chandos - Approved.
- Connie Karras is new Instep Editor.
- All newsletter submissions for the March Instep are due by March 2.
- Newsletters will be handed out at the Runnin' with the Irish 5k which is March 11th.
- Introductions of Nominated Board Members.
- Board Members responsibilities listed and explained to members by Cassandra.
- Ballots handed out to members.
- Ballots collected and counted by Hal Slager.
- Old Business
- Race evaluations need to be handed out after races to as many runners as possible.
- Random evaluations are to be given directly to race directors
- Strider Bucks will be handed out to volunteers, they can be redeemed for membership dues, Gold Cup dues, Strider wear. Need Guidelines for amount received for volunteer hours. Is there a limit per day? Are they given per hour or shift? 300 Strider Bucks will be handed out at AAU Track Meet.
- Strider Bucks also can be redeemed at the gift table at Strider Picnic and Holiday Party.
- Donated Painting bid is at $550.00.
- New Business
- Fitness Fair April 4th and 5th at Purdue Calumet from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Larry will volunteer both days. We need one other volunteer. Karen Lansdowne will be a back up volunteer.
- Bob Stevens Fund-Runner assistance for medical bills- TABLED.
- Junior Striders-mention of possibility of earning patches for different events.
- Strider Wear Order Form- TABLED.
Vice President's Report:
- Doug Walters and Brian Norrick nominated for RRCA Hall of Fame.
- Race Evaluations.
- Complete accounts for 1-1-06 through 2-9-06 submitted
- Total Members: 581
- Total Households: 468
- General: $21,152.27
- Jim Cox: $ 4,940.49
- Bob Stevens:$ 9,256.86
- Need updated Bios for all Board Members.
Gold Cup Committee:
- Should we bill members who did not show up for Banquet that said they would attend?
- Results from Gold Cup Premium survey handed out.
- Trophies that were not handed out will be at Human Race Sports in Valpo (Connie will speak to Cara about this).
- President- Cassandra Rozycki
- Vice President-Michele Hale
- Secretary-Misty Chandos
- Treasurer-Cecilia Bernal
- Elected Members at Large:
- Porter County-Ruth Bonacci, Larry Giannetti, Steve Kearney, Polly Theising
- Lake County-Robin Benson-Harvey, Bob Hudnall, Linda Kovacs, Dave Myroup, Pat Rhodes
- Laporte County-Lee Alvarez, Mary Zemansky
- Illinois-Bryan Pawola
- Webmaster-Mike Wilson
- Instep Editor-Connie Karras
- Striderwear-Wanda Melion
- Past President-Sue Brown
Next meeting: Thursday March 9 at The Omni at 7:00 PM.
Meeting adjourned at 9:06 PM
Minutes submitted by: Misty Chandos