Calumet Region Striders
Board of Directors Meeting
April 14, 2005
Location : Omni 41, Schererville
Meeting called to order 7:00 PM by Cassandra.
|Michele Yoko||Vice President|
Members at Large:
Motion to approve Feb minutes as read by Pawola and 2nd by Giannetti - passed.
Motion to approve March minutes as read by Moylan and 2nd by Pawola - passed.
- Holiday Party - will be on 12/16/05 FLC $100 deposit & contracts signed
- Banquet - will be on 1/14/06 Villa Cesare $500 deposit & contracts needed
- Received - $1000 Hammond Track Club Platinum Level - Letter
- Received - $250 Accelerated (add logo to web site)
- Sent Letters to - Buck's, Bike Shop, Bruce Williams, Mercantile Bank, Graphic 22, Family Express, Pepsi/Q-Blast, Sawyer College CMTC
- CRS represented at Omni Fitness Fair by Larry Giannetti (and he had enough traffic that he recommends that we do this again) and PUC Fitness Fair by Cassandra and Tom Magill (they gave out old shirts)
- Dick Beardsley donated his signed book for Kenny Dillon
- Collect race evaluations for Spirit Run, Running with Irish, Strong Kids, Ringing In Spring, Valpo Mini. Coming up Taltree (Sue) Spring Fling (Cass)
- Scholarship Applicants:
Motion by Pawola to recognize the 2 applicants as award winners, 2nd by Kellenburger - passed.
- Heather Hontz
- Katie Scannell
Motion by Pawola to award $600 to the 2 winners, 2nd by Kovacs - passed.
- Beginner Runner Program Updates
- Sue @ Fitness Barn 2/28
- Misty @ Omni 4/12 (up to 3 miles and 9 participants committed)
- Sommer @ Duneland 5/2
- 2 participants attending this meeting:
- Denise Phipps from Highland
- Donna Summerville
- Newsletter shell quote: 5000 @ $0.136 each - order to be placed with revision for bulk mail optimization.
- Strider Survivor - will be on 8/18 with Lemon Lake and Wicker Park under consideration - contract needed
- RRCA Roads Scholar - donation request - no action taken
- RRCA convention on May 12-15 - Sue invited
- Motion by Chandos for the club to cover the conference expense for $275, 2nd by Pawola - passed.
- GC Committee:
- Premium ideas to May meeting
- Establish objectives & goals
- AAU volunteer callout for June outdoor event in Chesterton (May INSTEP)
- Post Office - possible to reduce mailing expenses from $.60 to $.24.
Motion by Pawola to pay the $150 application fee and $150 annual fee, 2nd by Navarro - passed.
- OE as a sponsor b/c of comp memberships for OE Striders worth $565.
Motion by Yoko to consider OE a gold sponsor, 2nd by Stiles - passed.
- Non-renewed membership follow-up
- Next INSTEP distribution on Gallery Gallop (5/14) submissions due 5/4
- Back of Pack awareness - discussion to remind groups to not leave people behind, keep a head count and loop back.
- Establishing a team for the Main Course race was discussed.
Vice President's report:
- Newspaper submissions - Michele has a contact at the paper to expedite.
- 50/50 raffle results - winner of last 50/50 was Bindy Spencer. Next 50/50 will be at Just a Little Run. The 50/50 raffles are for the benefit of our scholarship fund.
- A detail report of revenues and expenditures was presented along with account balances of each fund. Detail can be obtained from Cecilia.
- Entity paperwork for 2005 due this month - completed by Cassandra
- Membership - 396 / GC - 218/ Household numbers - 322
- Contact accountant - software for tax reporting & tax filing
- Internet/Web report and information
- Broadcast messages - emails to be sent out weekly as reminders of events? Current host has spam limits for groups of 50. Mike working on a program to automate.
- Message/bulletin board - different software being reviewed
- Should we promote Valpo University run 10/8? After discussion, ok to add to web site after $50 fee to be inserted in Instep.
Additional Input to Meeting:
- 2005 AAU club registration & coach fee $44.00 - need check payable to AAU to mail forms - Organizational Meeting set for 4/26/05 at 7:30 PM
Motion by Yoko to approve payment of fee, 2nd by Moylan - passed.
- Willa fund raiser - Misty to check with Joe Mis concerning a commitment to a charity.
Meeting adjourned at 9:25 PM
Next meeting: Thursday May 12, 7:00 pm at Omni 41, Schererville
Minutes submitted by: Big Hal