The Calumet Region Striders Board is comprised of members of the Calumet Region Striders who are in good standing and are nominated and elected by the members of the club 18 years and older. Each board position is for a two (2) year term.
Election for these positions are held on odd years:
- Vice President
- Public Relations
- Adult Running Programs
- Youth Running Programs & Youth Scholarships
Election for these positions are held on even years:
- Gold Cup & Sponsored Races
- Membership & Volunteers
- Social & Sponsorship
- Nominations, Bylaws & Disabled Runner Fund
The Board is governed by Strider Bylaws. Download the Board Bylaws here.
- The President shall be the chief officer of CRS, shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors or general membership at which she/he is present, and in general shall perform all duties incident as may from time to time be assigned to.
- Other responsibilities to include: Bulk mailing of Instep, Help with needs, supplies of other Committees, Sponsorship of new merchandise/products.
- Inspire Daily The Calumet Region Striders Running Club.
Vice President Responsibilities:
- In the absence of the President or in the event of her/his inability or refusal to act, the Vice President shall perform the duties of the President, and when so acting, shall have all the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President.
- The Vice President shall perform such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to her/him, and shall be an ex officio member of all committees.
- Keeping the minutes of the Board of Directors in books provided for that purpose;
- Seeing that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these bylaws and as required by law
- Being custodian of CRS records
- Preparing and distributing meeting agenda(s)
- Maintaining a current record of CRS membership
- Keeping a register of the post office address of each Director which shall be furnished to the Secretary by such Director
- In general, performing all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned.
- Accounting for all funds received and disbursed by the Calumet Region Striders in order to provide financial reports to present to our Board of Directors and prepare end of year financial statements to be used for tax purposes in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code for non-for-profit organizations.
- Maintaining a current member roster using information provided by our members.
Nominations, Bylaws and Stevens-Hamilton Disabled Runner Fund
This committee shall, prior to the annual meeting of the members, prepare a list of nominees to the Board of Directors equal in number to the positions available which shall be submitted by mail to all members, not later than twenty-one (21) calendar days prior to the annual meeting of the members. Any member who has a second may submit a candidate or candidates to the Secretary of the Corporation at least ten (10) days in advance of the annual meeting which list will be circulated to the membership of the Corporation. In like fashion, the committee shall, prior to the annual meeting of the Board of Directors, prepare a list of nominees to the elective offices of the Corporation which list shall be submitted by mail to all members of the Board of Directors, not later than twenty-one (21) calendar days prior to the annual meeting of the Board of Directors. Any member of the Board of Directors who has a second candidate may submit such candidate or candidates for the offices of the Corporation at least ten (10) days in advance of the annual meeting which list shall be circulated to the membership of the Board of Directors prior to said meeting.
Proposed amendment(s) to the Bylaws shall be fully considered by this committee that shall report thereon to the Executive Committee not later than thirty (30) calendar days after the meeting where the proposed amendment( s) were considered. All proposed amendments considered by the Executive Committee shall be transmitted to the members of the Board of Directors by the Secretary, not later than ten (10) calendar days prior to the next Board of Directors meeting for their consideration and action.
The chair of this committee is responsible to:
- Consider all persons whose names are suggested for election or re-election to membership on the Board of Directors,
- Nominate qualified persons for election or re-election to membership on the Board of Directors,
- Nominate members of the Board of Directors to serve as officers of the corporation,
- Nominate qualified persons for appointment to the Advisory Council by the Board of Directors,
- Initiate, consider, draft and make recommendations on proposed amendments to the Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation of the Corporation, and
- Evaluate and oversee both the Stevens-Hamilton Disabled Runners Fund application process and the distribution of funds to recipients
Membership and Volunteers Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and coordinate membership campaigns, benefits, and qualifications;
- Conduct membership retention activities;
- Prepare and coordinate annual membership renewal;
- Recruit volunteers for CRS events and operations;
- Recruit committee members for all committees; and
- Oversee volunteer recognition.
Gold Cup and Sponsored Race Series Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Establish the annual Gold Cup Series Schedule and the Gold Cup selection process;
- Select and monitor races as Sponsored Event(s) based on established criteria;
- Maintain communications with race directors;
- Prepare evaluations and surveys of events, and
- Coordinate and preside over annual race directors meeting(s).
Public Relations Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison between the Board of Directors, the media and its club members;
- Maintain the club’s Facebook account;
- Be responsible for reaching out to its club members with information via a social media outlet or by mass email;
- Report to the local newspapers or other media outlet about strider-related news and/or events.
Youth Running Programs Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Supervise all Youth Running Programs
- Supervise the Jim Cox Scholarship program
- Monitor coaching certifications
- Monitor CPR and First Aid training
Adult Running Programs Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Oversee and periodically attend all Strider related weekly group runs. This person should have a good understanding of location, distance and paces.
- Promote our group runs and running related social activities to help the members of the club reach their personal fitness goals in a fun and social setting.
- Maintain communication with all group run leaders and members of the club who are interested in running or training and to be available to answer any questions about these runs to our members and interested runners.
Social and Sponsorship Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Promote and manage social events
- Seek sponsorship from local businesses and organizations