Welcome to the home of the Calumet Region Striders! We are a Road Runners Club of America running club based in Northwest Indiana comprised of runners and walkers who believe in the power of chasing down goals by putting one foot in front of the other again and again and again and again…(well, you get it!) We are passionate about our sport and can’t quite understand why everyone wouldn’t want to join in on the fun of breathlessly pushing your limits on the track, trail, or pavement. We celebrate and welcome all paces and abilities. After all, regardless of your pace or distance, you’re still lapping everyone on the couch!
If this sounds like a group you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to have you join us! We’ll help you find and keep your stride with:
- Weekly group runs in both Lake County & Porter County, Indiana
- INSTEP, our monthly newsletter, that’s loaded with information on races, running articles, tips, & more
- Invitations to running & non-running social events, including Brewfest
- Fun rewards for logging your miles with our 100 Mile Club
- Awards for participating in our annual Run the Year Challenge
- The Gold Cup Series, our optional competitive race series with season-ending banquet and awards ceremony (CANCELLED FOR 2020 DUE TO COVID-19)
- The Elite Series, a race series for our competitive adult runners that rewards speed (CANCELLED FOR 2020 DUE TO COVID-19)
- Running programs just for Junior Striders (ages 0 to 18), including cross country and track teams
- Membership in the Road Runners Club of America
- And more…
We are in the process of transitioning to a new design. If you’re feeling nostalgic or want to find your current Gold Cup or Elite Series standings, visit the archive site here.